- With the introduction of custom fields, Workday now allows even greater flexibility and extensibility, allowing customers to quickly tailor various elements of their solution (profiles, reports, calculations, rules, etc) to their specific needs.
- Customers in the education and government space have unique needs, and Workday continues to address this through new functionality, including compliance with Section 508, and Grants Management and Fund Accounting that simplifies reporting and compliance.
- People management and collaboration continues to be a major focus for Workday, and the new Professional Profile makes it easy for employees to find and collaborate with specific people who have specific skills. The integration with LinkedIn is a great step in unifying talent and professional information, by allowing employees to manage and share their professional background.
- Performance Management - Performance and Talent Calibration helps maximize pay for performance and prepare talent for the future. New and improved analytics show drillable, actionable workforce trends over time.
- Performance enhancements to the payroll calc engine - Workday’s grid computing approach to handling large payrolls in-memory mean that payroll calculations have seen great improvement in terms of the speed of processing.
- Crowdsourcing and effective dating configuration - the ability to inherit metadata setup provides a way to quickly and easily reproduce a report or rule that someone else within the Workday ecosystem has developed.
- Onboarding - This new functionality allows companies to extend a warm welcome to employees on or before their start date so that new employees can be more productive on their first day and beyond.
- Time Tracking - This new functionality provides for the collection, processing, and managemenet of time and labor for the global workforce, directly in Workday.
- Financial Management - Financials made huge leaps forward in 2012, including new capabilities for global organizations to better manage their suppliers and business assets, enhanced global tax and payment support, more flexible reporting, and new functionality in Project Scenario Planning helping to model the right resources for the right work.
- Mobility Enhancements - One of our favorites: support for the mobile Web with HTML5, and a touch-optimized interface for mobile devices. All areas of Workday benefited from Workday’s focus on mobile in 2012, including mobile payslips, mobile receipt images attached to existing expense reports, employee timelines, and anytime feedback, the new Team Profile for iPad driving manager engagement and instant access to team composition and metrics, and new mobile Time Clock, allowing checking in and out on the go.
- ▼ 2013 (22)
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (27)
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
by Lori Asburry
As consultants, we spend a great deal of time each quarter helping customers stay current and plan ahead, but it’s always interesting and useful to stop periodically and look back. This is our list of the most impactful Workday technology highlights of 2012:
Stay up to date on the latest from the Appirio Tech Blog